2020 COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Junior League of Greater Springfield will award a $1,000.00 (per year, up to 4 years) college scholarship to one female graduating senior who has demonstrated outstanding achievement in volunteer and community service.
Eligibility requirements and criteria are as follows:
1. Applicant must be female.
2. Applicant must attend school in Hampshire, Hampden or Franklin County.
3. Applicant must submit all 4 parts of the JLGS scholarship application.
4. Applicant must plan to attend a two-year or four-year college and provide written verification of college acceptance upon request.
5. If eligibility status changes and recipient does not continue education, scholarship money must be returned to the Junior League of Greater
Maintaining requirements and criteria are as follows:
1. Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher
2. Complete 20 hours of community service, yearly.
3. Submit a letter of reference from a current volunteer supervisor
Founded in 1901, the Junior League is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. The Junior League reaches out to women who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, handicap, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.
Applications and letters of recommendation must be postmarked on or before April 21, 2020 and sent to:
Junior League of Greater Springfield
C/O Lauren Percy
PO Box 2634
Springfield, MA 01101
Click below to download and print the the 2020 scholarship application and supplemental forms for Guidance Counselors and Volunteer Supervisors to complete and submit. A complete application includes all parts.
2020 Scholarship Application PDF
2020 Scholarship Counselor Form PDF
2020 Scholarship Volunteer Form PDF
To apply online click the link below:
2020 Online Application
Each application will be considered by a committee made up of members of the Junior League of Greater Springfield. Children of Junior League members will not be considered for this scholarship. The scholarship will be presented at the Junior League's general membership meeting in May. Recipient must attend to receive her award.
The winning applicant will be contacted by the Scholarship Committee and recognized at our Annual Meeting on May 21, 2020! Good luck to all of our applicants!